Sunday, May 22, 2011

That's it!

After watching Extreme Couponing on TLC, i'm going to start couponing items like toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, laundry detergent, body soap/lotion, shampoo - household and personal care items.  They're so expensive and I go through them pretty fast.  I'll be getting my first Sunday paper on 5/29, for the next 12 months at a cost of 4.75/mo.  I'm reading that if you want to get things for free, you're best bet is to utilize all 3 coupon sources - Sunday paper inserts, in store ads, and online coupons. 

I like these online coupon sites so far (in this order) -
Frugal Coupon Living
Coupons
Red Plum
Shop Local
Southern Savers for Target, CVS & Walgreens
Smart Source

I guess what we're supposed to do is, check our Sunday Inserts, and scissor away at what we like, then go online coupon shopping for additional coupons to match the stuff you picked from your newspaper.  Finally, look for in store ads to match the stuff you picked from your paper/online coupons.  You can get in store ads from your newspaper's website or the store itself.  I think.  I'm still learning.

Some of the people on Extreme Couponing go a little too far though; there's no way I would spend 40-60 hours a week preparing coupons just so I can get 56 cans of ravioli for free or 96 bottles of vitamin water for free.  I love vitamin water but I don't need 96 bottles, knowing me, i'd drink them all in a month and gain 35lbs.  I guess it works really well for people who have kids.  You could use those 96 bottles of VW to feed your daugther's soccer team or donate 56 cans of ravioli to a food shelter.  Preview epi here - http://www.fastpasstv.eu/watch/2/342893/1

Couponing doesn't work for everything - I only get my meat and seafood from 2 places and I know there aren't any sunday inserts/online coupons for those places, but I think it can work for household/personal/pantry items in a huge way.

No comments:

Post a Comment