Sunday, May 15, 2011

Always Measure!

On Saturday I had leftovers and ate at Bombay Bowl.  Bombay Bowl is Indian fast casual - it's Indian food set up like chipotle and it tastes sooooo good.  My entire plate was 15P+; that's reasonable for yummy, delcious food.  They serve salads, rolls/wraps, bowls and plates, appetizers and yummy mango smoothies.  If I eat out, I try to stick to places that make their nutrition/calorie information available.  15P+ gets you 19oz of food...that's a lot.  My meal came out to 16oz.

These photos do no justice.
Basmati Rice, tikka sauce layered over the rice, grilled chicken, the most delcious chili lime chutney (plastic container) and veggies (cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, red onion & seasoning).  This was not a small plate, it's much bigger than a frozen dinner plate. 

After I weighed all of the ingredients, I combined everything.  I could have just ate from the plate but I had to measure to make sure the meal didn't exceed the nutrition breakdown from the website. 

Leftovers -

Wow, look at that glazed piece of chicken.

I was craving burgers and found a great recipe on weightwatchers.com. 

Savory Beef Burgers
1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
2 tbsp onion, minced
3/4 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp dijon mustard

- Heat grill or grill pan. Combine beef, onion, mustard, Italian seasoning, cumin, pepper and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions and form patties.
- Place patties onto grill or grill pan; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- To assemble, place one patty on one half of each bun. Top each with 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices and other half of bun.  Feel free to add cheese, pickles, bbq sauce/ketchup.

I used 95% lean, grass fed ground beef.  Each 3oz (about 4oz raw) cooked patty came to 3P+.  The whole wheat bun came to 4P+ with one slice Kraft 2% chedder cheese for 1P+.  The entire burger came to 8P+.  I also added a side of potato wedges for 3P+.


So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment