Wednesday, April 27, 2011

hey

I made homemade spaghetti and meatballs yesterday night and although I may not be a spaghetti expert, it turned out pretty good.  I detest tomato chunks so this was the perfect sauce for me.  It's pretty ww friendly.  The recipe is from Annie's Eats, she's got some really good recipes and for the most part, are pretty healthy or can be made healthy.  I halved the recipe and altered the recipe a little.  I used 95% extra lean, grass fed ground beef and whole wheat bread crumbs.

Sauce - 5 servings at 2P+ per serving
Meatballs - 8oz raw meat gets you 12 meatballs.  1 serving is 3 meatballs at 3P+
Noodles - depending on the brand can range from 4-6P+.  For me, 2 oz raw is one serving at 5P+
Garnish - 1 tbsp of the best quality grated romano cheese is 1P+.  I effing love cheese.  Total meal = 11P+.  You gotta really be craving this thing for 11P+. 

My photos are terrible.  Sorry, it tastes better than it looks.

Today was Administrative Assistant Day.  I made springrolls for our administrative assistant and had my own this evening!  My ingredients came to -
1/2 serving (5 sheets) of wrappers = 3P+
3oz cooked, ground chicken thigh = 4P+
1 roll of noodles = 7P+
1 tsp olive oil for meat = 1P+
Lettuce, cilantro, cucumber = 0
5 spring rolls for a total of 15P+.  Totally worth it!

Some food I ate last week -

- So damn gooood!  It was only 8P+.

- 2 cups spinach, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup frozen mango and 1 cup almond milk. 3P+.  YUMMY.

- Yea, I went there...boxed pho bowl with 2 oz cooked 95% extra lean ground beef and  cilantro.


- Chipotle baby!  3 soft shell tacos, chicken, spicy hot sauce, a small side of corn salsa and extra lettuce.  No sour cream or guac, never liked it.

Things I never did until I lost 19lbs on my first at-work ww series:
- Walking around DT Denver for 35 min (daily) with a buddy I met from ww. 
- I actually have a buddy/friend.
- I'm not as afraid (or maybe I stopped thinking that people gawked at big girls walking on the street) to walk around the city by myself during normal business hours.
- Going to church for the first time in almost 3 years, thanks to the suggestion from my new buddy. 

The next 13 week at-work series doesn't start until May 17, but i'll attend another meeting location until it starts up.

No comments:

Post a Comment