Sunday, March 27, 2011

holy mother of taste

I love tex-mex-ish food and I just made the best dish!  Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad .  It totally hit the spot.  I was getting a little tired of my usual taco-ish/southwest dressing meals and wanted something fast, hearty and yummy.  This is so good and with my ingredients, a 1 and 1/3 cup serving is only 6P+!!!!!!!!!!
- I don't like tomatoes, so instead I added 1 cup chopped red pepper instead of 1/2 cup.  Next time I'll increase it to 1.5 cups.
- I only had 7 oz cooked, extra lean ground turkey breast, so that's all I used.  I seasoned my meat with the BEST homemade taco seasoning ever .  The recipe calls for 1 tsp sea salt, but I only used 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- I also used 100% whole wheat pasta noodles instead of regular.  These were the only adjustments I made to the dish.


This is the perfect lunch dish!  You can eat it with a side salad or piece of fruit.  I've got kiwi and mango in the fridge, YES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment