Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bonus!

I used the southwest dressing (my favorite!) I made last Saturday for my salad tonight.  My dinner was a little off, it didn't taste as delicious as it normally would but I think it's because the red peppers and romaine letuce had been in the fridge awhile, like over a week.  Try the dressing though, it's worth 3P+ for 2 TBSP!  The meal came to 7.5P+.
- 2 tbsp southwest dressing
- 1.5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- thinly sliced red onion
- 1 serving of cooked jumbo shrimp/seafood/meat I mixed with this tasty low NA+ homemade taco seasoning
- You can add guac, tomato, corn, beans if you'd like, just count the points for guac, beans and corn.
Optional - I added 1/2 serving of multi grain chili lime tortilla chips, see photo below.

Whole Foods has these on sale for, 2 for $5.  This brand is pretty good, I'm glad I tried it.  There are a lot of ingredients on the back, I can at least pronouce all of them.  Remember what the Food Inc. guy said?!  If you can't pronouce the ingredients, you probably shouldn't buy it.

I didn't have anymore mango ciao bella, the best mango sorbet everrrrr, so I just had some frozen blueberries.


I've been really wanting to make spinach "green" smoothies.  After a little more research, I learned a $400-500 blender is not neccessary for a beginner!  I'll just get something reasonable, under a $100.  I can't believe i'm excited to shop for a blender, yesss!  It's been a long time since I felt this way, it's feels great.

One more thing, for awesome and kid friendly ww/healthy recipes, on the right side of the screen, under blogs I follow, check out skinnytaste.  Her recipes are spot on and you rarely have to alter the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment