Sunday, June 12, 2011

obsessed

I love cold pasta dishes, especially asian ones.  I used to make this super yummy shrimp, pork, glass noodles and cucumber dish with soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lemon, cane sugar and peppers but i lost it!  I would make 1 entire package of glass noodles - enough to feed 6 people, 1 entire bag of shrimp that served 5, a 1/2 lb of fatty delicious ground pork, 1 TBSP to cook the pork, lots of fish sauce - and eat it in 1 day, all by MYSELF.  It tasted soooooo good. 

Anywho, I found another "asian" sauce to coat my noodles!  This one doesn't use any fish sauce or sugar.  There is NOTHING wrong with using fish sauce or sugar, I just lost that recipe and haven't been able to make it WW friendly.  This is just another sauce I love; it's actually adapted from the previous asian noodle dish I made a couple weeks ago.  I changed some of the veggies, and lowered the amount of oils and peanuts from iowagirleats asian noodle salad dish. 

One very big bowl of Cold Asian Noodles - 8P+


Noodle & veggie ingredients for one -
2 oz raw soba noodles (linguine, pho noodles, bean thread noodles - anyone is fine)
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Handful spinach, loosley chopped
1/2 medium size cucumber, chopped
Cilantro, chopped - use however much you like.  I like a lot.
1 tsp chopped peanuts
* Any veggie works - edemame, broccoli slaw, coleslaw, bok choy, you name it. 
* Protein - tofu, chicken and any other meat works too.

Sauce for 1 makes 3 TSP for 3P+
1 to 1.5 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp peanut oil
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey (or agave nectar or even sugar if you wanted)
squirt of lime (1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
a tiny bit of garlic and ginger (eyeball it)

Cook noodles, rinse in cold water and combine with veggies.  Then pour sauce onto noodle dish. 

This is one very big serving, even without a protein (tofu/meat) source.  I love it bc it's a good way for me to get my veggies in.  I used to hate veggies, now I just eat the ones I like. ;)  Red Bell Peppers and Asparagus are my favorite.

I also made a peanut noodle sauce from eatliverun.  It wasn't bad, I just prefer the one above.
One very big bowl of Peanut Soba Noodle w/pan fried Tofu - 10P+

You get A LOT of sauce with this recipe.  If you love peanut butter and ginger, you'll love this. 
Noodle and veggie ingredients for One -
Soba Noodles - 2oz uncooked is 5P+
1 small, blanched bok choy
1/2 red bell pepper - you need the sweetness of this to counteract the the peanut butter and tamari
1 serving Pan fried tofu in oil spray - 2P+

Peanut Sauce - serves 5.  2 TBSP per serving at 3P+.
*I just halved the original recipe from eatliverun
4 TBSP natural peanut butter
Half of 1/3rd cup Tamari
1 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TSP honey
1 TSP sesame oil
1/4 TSP red pepper flakes
1 TBSP ginger (I'd only use 1-2 tsp finely chopped ginger next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment